Lindy Justice Going to NCAA
On behalf of everyone at Tsunami, we want to congratulate Lindy Justice who will be playing NCAA water polo at McKendree University next fall!
Lindy is the first Edmonton athlete to accept an NCAA water polo scholarship since 2014. In the fall of 2019 Lindy will be moving to Lebanon, Illinois where she plans to major in Biology. As an outstanding student-athlete, Lindy has thrived in both the pool and classroom as an honours student throughout high school. Her organizational skills, work ethic, and drive make her a leader and role model at our club.
For the past eight years Lindy has been a major piece of the Edmonton and Alberta water polo communities. Lindy has won three NCL Western Championship medals, one NCL National Championship medal, and played for Team Alberta at the U14 and U16 levels. Moving beyond the Canadian landscape, Lindy has competed in four USA Water Polo Junior Olympic Championships with SB805 (Santa Barbara, California). Lindy gives back to her water polo community through her role as an AWPA provincial referee.
As an ASSA provincial gold medalist and record holder, Lindy brings incredible power to any team. In addition to her remarkable speed and endurance, Lindy is a playmaker through her physicality, offensive/defensive skills, and determination.
“You will be hard pressed to find an athlete with a stronger work ethic than Lindy. Lindy’s focus, coachability, drive, and leadership have distinguished her as one of Tsunami’s top female athletes. She sets incredibly high standards for herself and is never afraid of putting in the work to go after these goals. I have been very fortunate to coach Lindy for the past three seasons and know she is going to leave her mark on McKendree in the same way she has at Tsunami.”
- Raine Paul, Tsunami Head Coach
“Lindy has all the attributes to not only be a very successful water polo player, but also to succeed in life. Her sheer determination and willpower set her apart from others. It will be exciting to watch Lindy thrive as a student and athlete at McKendree.”
- Chris Toy, Tsunami Coach
“Lindy is one of the most hard working and dedicated athletes I have ever had the pleasure of coaching. She deserves every success. McKendree is gaining an amazing young athlete and I look forward to seeing what accomplishments the future has in store for her.”
- Tarilyn McAuley, Tsunami Coach
Not only has Lindy excelled in water polo, she also plays on four high school sports teams. Lindy is a member of the Vimy Ridge Academy volleyball, swim (2017 gold medalist and record holder), badminton, and track and field teams where she displays her remarkable athleticism across many platforms. Lindy was recognized as the 2017-18 Vimy Ridge Female Athlete of the Year.
Congratulations Lindy and best of luck next season at McKendree! Let’s go Bearcats!
Lindy Justice awards and recognitions:
- U19 NCL Western Championship Silver Medalist (2018)
- MLWP NCL National Championship Silver Medalist (2018)
- Vimy Ridge Academy Female Athlete of the Year 2017-18
- Metro Athletics Athlete of the Week (2018)
- USA Water Polo Academic All American (2018)
- Metro Athletics High School Swimming Gold Medalist (2017-2018)
- Metro Athletics High School Swimming Record Holder (2017-2018)
- Vimy Ridge Academy Athlete of the Month (2017)
- Edmonton Tsunami U16 Girls Top Offensive Player (2017)
- U16 NCL Western Championship Bronze Medalist (2017)
- Rachor Trophy Winner: ASSA Provincial Championships Top 15-17 Female Award (2016 & 2017)
- USA Junior Olympics Bronze Medalist (2016)
- U14 NCL Western Championship Top Defensive Player (2015)
- U14 NCL Western Championship Gold Medalist (2015)
- Team Alberta Member (2014-2017)
- ASSA Provincial Championship Gold Medalist (2007-2018)
- ASSA Provincial record holder
- ASSA Summer Games medalist