News and Announcements
Tsunami is excited to announce that we will be partnering with Goliath High Performance Training for the 2019-20 season! Our U16 and U19 teams will work with Goliath Strength and Conditioning coaches Jordan Taylor and Jaco Labuschagne twice a week to develop weight room literacy, target underdeveloped muscle groups to reduce injury risk, and gain strength to translate into the pool.
Jordan Taylor is the founder and Director of Human Performance at Goliath and will act as Tsunami’s head strength and conditioning coach this season. Jordan comes to Tsunami with years of experience working with youth sports teams and is excited to dive into the world of water polo. In addition to Jordan’s role at Goliath he is also the current Men’s Volleyball Assistant Coach at MacEwan University after four seasons as the Assistant Coach for the NAIT Men’s Volleyball Team.
Jaco Labuschagne will be Tsunami’s Assistant Strength and Conditioning coach and work closely with Jordan. Jaco specializes in injury prevention/rehabilitation training and believes in instructional leadership. Not only will Jaco provide critical feedback to atheltes, but also give them a better understanding of their bodies and why they are doing certain movements/exercises.
Welcome to the team Goliath, Jordan and Jaco! This new collaboration with Goliath will add another layer to the Tsunami NCL training program and continue to establish Tsunami as one of Canada’s most dynamic and exciting NCL programs.
Read more about Goliath, Jordan and Jaco here!
- Goliath High Performance Training (https://www.goliathhighperformancetraining.com/)
- Jordan Taylor (http://www.teampages.com/clubs/2811/pages/175485)
- Jaco Labuschagne (http://www.teampages.com/clubs/2811/pages/175486)
If your athlete is interested in looking into any additional individual or small group training, please contact Jordan for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Team Aquatic Supplies is coming up to Edmonton this weekend for our annual Edmonton sale (September 21/22).
We will be set-up at the Delta South Hotel on Gateway Blvd is the Jasper/Lake Louise room.
Everything will be a minimum of 25% off, with the exception of Jolyn stuff. We have lots of items on clearance at discounts of 30%-95% off.
COACHES & Equipment Managers – if you have any specific equipment requests for your team, please let us know and we will make sure to bring up a bit extra stock in those items.
Please spread the word and share to all your team members, friends, and family.
Where: Delta South Hotel – Jasper/Lake Louise Room; 4404 Gateway Blvd, Edmonton
When: Friday Sept 20th from 1pm-8pm
Saturday Sept 21st from 10am to 6pm
The Senior Women’s National Team has released a line of limited edition merchandise as a fundraiser for their Trek to Tokyo 2020! They hope athletes from across the country will join their excitment as they prepare for Tokyo.
Tsunami will collect orders and place a group order at the beginning of September. All orders must be received by September 1. Only orders paid in full by this date will be placed. After completing your online order form you will receive a follow-up email within a few days with your order total and payment information.
Order Form: https://forms.gle/x8ZGHDbWeZwCiFT7A
There is some really cool stuff here! Join us in supporting the Senior Women’s National Team and Tsunami’s very own Kindred Paul!
Registration for the 2019-20 Tsunami Water Polo Season is now open!
Important registration information:
- No registration deposits will be required this year for earlybird registration. DO NOT SEND IN PAYMENTS UNTIL YOU HAVE RECEIVED AN INVOICE. If you have any questions, please contact the treasurer at email@example.com.
- NCL (U16 & U19) registration & earlybird deadline is July 15.
- U14, U12 and U10 earlybird registration deadline is August 1. Earlybird discount only applicable to FULL SEASON registration types.
- All U10 programs will be capped at 12 athletes each this season. U8 program will be capped at 25 athletes each session. Be sure to register early to secure your spot!
REGISTER HERE: http://www.teampages.com/forms/20919-Tsunami-Registration-2019-2020-Season-
Updated program information can be found here:
- NCL (https://teampages.com/clubs/2811/pages/123451)
- U14 (https://teampages.com/clubs/2811/pages/123452)
- U12 (https://teampages.com/clubs/2811/pages/123453)
- U10 Polo Pups (https://teampages.com/clubs/2811/pages/123454)
- U8 Polo Pups (https://teampages.com/clubs/2811/pages/123455)
Please direct all registration/program questions to our head coach, Raine, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Tsunami will be offering seven different programs this summer meaning there is something for everyone! Whether you are brand new or an experienced veteran, Tsunami has some thing for you!
With U8 programs all the way through Masters, we are excited to see new faces at the pool this summer.