News and Announcements
Edmonton Tsunami Water Polo Club is pleased to announce that scholarships are available to support athletes who are unable to pay for their training. Letters of required support are to be submitted to the Scholarship Committee. Please submit your letter to email@example.com
In addition to Edmonton Tsunami Water Polo Club Scholarships, our great city has programming available to support families in need.
1.) Jump Start
Jumpstart funding helps families that need a financial hand with registration, equipment and/or transportation costs.
KidSport provides grants to children from families facing financial barriers so they can participate in registered sport programs.
The application is available under our registration documents.
We have extended our Early Bird Registration until mid-September. Don’t delay – register now!
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED REGISTRATION COST:
•Polo Pups $315
•Cadet/Youth$650 +5% GST if applicable, athletes over 14 after Sept-15-2015
REGULAR SEASON 2015-16 REGISTRATION COST:
•Polo Pups $350 ($320 + $30 AWPA registration)
•Atom $450 ($390 + $60 AWPA)
•Bantam $625 ($535 + $90)
•Cadet/Youth $725 ($635 + $90) +5% GST if applicable, athletes over 14 after Sept-15-2015
AGE GROUPS FOR 2015-16 SEASON
•Polo Pups (2006 & Younger)
•Atom (2004 & 2005)
•Bantam (2002 & 2003)
•Cadet (2000 & 2001)
•Youth (1997 – 1999)
•Masters (1996 & older)
To register, please fill online form http://edmontontsunami.edmontontsunami.com/forms/9346-2015-16-Season-Registration-Form-
2015-16 Season starts on the week of September 14, for full dry land and practice schedule please check later practice schedule on our website.
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION COST, For registering before July-30 2015:
- Polo Pups $315
- Atom $425
- Bantam $575
- Cadet/Youth $650 +5% GST if applicable, athletes over 14 after Sept-15-2015
- Polo Pups $350 ($320 + $30 AWPA registration)
- Atom $450 ($390 + $60 AWPA)
- Bantam $625 ($535 + $90)
- Cadet/Youth $725 ($635 + $90) +5% GST if applicable, athletes over 14 before after Sept-15-2015
- Registration fee, with current date
- $300 Volunteer Deposit Fee, postdated on May-01-2016 (Polo pups are excluded)
- 4 Bingo Deposit Cheques, undated in the amount of $90 each (Polo pups only one cheque)
- One Bingo “No-Show” cheque for $150 undated (Polo pups are excluded)
- One Casino Volunteer deposit cheque for $150 dated Nov-15-2105 (Polo pups are excluded)
- Drop off at the following addresses:
- South Side at 2341 Hagen Link, Edm, T6R 0B2
- West Side at
- c/o Ray Frayne #102, 5300 50 Street Stony Plain AB, T7Z 1T8
- c/o Ray Frayne 10476 Mayfield Rd, Edmonton, AB, T5P 4P4
- North Side at 10606-175A Ave, Edm, T5X 6C1
- In person, during practice times dates TBD:
- Mail all forms and cheques to the club’s address
If you have any questions, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
2014-15 Season is now closed, please check website for registration process for upcoming 2015-16 season.
Congratulations to our mini NDPL team for their bronze medal win at the mini National Development Premier League finals held in Calgary on June 7-8, 2014.
Way to go boys! We are so proud of you!
I’ll take this opportunity to pass a message from our parent who was watching the finals.
My daughter and I attended the finals in Calgary and watched the Tsunami’s play. During the last game, I witnessed some great things from all players. Beyond the skill, fitness, and endurance it takes to be a water polo player (and coach), I also observed the kids thinking in action, anticipating, and passing to each other. Then towards the end, I watched the group of 5, who had to take shots on goal, in front of their team mates and audience. They were very supportive of each other. Cheered for their goalie, cheered for the players who scored. From a distance, I then seen high fives and pats on the back, for those who came close to scoring, but missed.
This is what I hoped for when we signed our son up for a team sport like water polo. A team who plays together well and in the end, try to do their best, have fun and are proud of the sport, themselves, and their team! So, thank you to the kids, the families who have raised such great kids, and to our coach, who is obviously doing something right!!