Hometown: Sherwood Park, AB
Player Position: Utility
Canadian Club Team Affiliation:
- Edmonton Thunderbirds 2010-2016
- Edmonton Tsunami 2017-Present
- Three-time Alberta Provincial Team Member (2015-2017)
- U19 Girls National Championship Silver (2019) and Bronze (2018) Medalist
- Canadian Youth Girls National Team Youth Pan American Championships Silver Medalist (2019)
- 16U NCL Western Canadian All-Star Team (2018)
- U19 Top Offensive Player (2019 - EWPC)
- U16 Girls MVP (2018 - EWPC)
- Outstanding Leadership Award (2018 - EWPC)
Q: How did you first start playing water polo?
A:I started swimming competitively when I was six and fell in love with it! However, it was only during the summer and had nothing to do all winter so I gave water polo a shot and ended up loving it so much more than swimming.
Q: What is it about water polo that made you fall in love with the sport?
A: I love the fact that everyone I've played with I consider to be my second family. The competitive but supportive atmosphere is amazing.
Q: What is your favourite water polo memory?
A: Qualifying for nationals this past season (2019). It was super memorable because Natalie predicted our final score and it was by far our best game as a team during the season. We had worked so hard all year it was rewarding when all the work paid off.
Q: What made you want to be a coach?
A: I think it's super cool being able to pass down the skills I have learned throughout my career. It's also very humbling watching a young athlete grow into a better person and player because of what you've taught them.
Q: Who was your most influential coach?
A: Ella Raine Paul. She is my role model and always knows the right thing to say at the right time. She’s always been someone I look up to and has made me fall more in love with the sport.
Q: Who is an athlete you admire?
A: TJ Defalco. He is a volleyball player who made it to the NCAA finals every year and won the championship in 2018 and 2019. He was that influential player who was always encouraging and pushing his teammates to be the best they can be.
Q: What is your favourite quote?
A: "Five minutes of pain for a lifetime of glory."